Your Local community church
Welcome to Llangyfelach Parish Church
Everyone is Welcome Here
Just Come As You Are
The religious site at Llangyfelach can trace its foundation back to the 6th Century. For over 1500 years there has been a worshipping Christian community here. The site is one of the major sites of St David, our national patron Saint, and was an important place of pilgrimage. Its round graveyard reflects the early monastic enclosure with its numerous holy wells and carved Celtic Stones points to this long history. It is one of three churches in Wales with a separate bell tower. The Church itself is located in a converted Tithe Barn.
The history and spirituality of this site is reflected in the rich variety of worship styles, which is welcoming to the community.
Due to the historical size of the parish (over 42 square miles) we get many enquires regarding family history. The original records are held at County Hall Swansea in the archive and go back to the 1600s. We are able to search these for you with the copied records held at the Church. If you need further help please e-mail us via our contact us link including as much information as you can. This search will incur a fee for church funds.
New to Llangyfelach Parish Church?
We’re excited you’re thinking of visiting Llangyfelach Parish Church and look forward to you coming to worship with us. There’s a lot going on in our church community and we know it can be tricky to navigate the first time you come here. Feel free to get in touch to find out more and to discover how to make the most of your initial visit for you and your family. We can’t wait to meet you.
Why is Christening/Baptism an amazing journey'?
A Christening, also known as Baptism, marks the start of a lifetime of discovery about the Christian faith and how life-changing that can be. It's a journey that surprises, challenges and adventures. And through it all, God is always with us.
If you would like to know more about child/adult baptism please visit one of our services to explore. We also hold a surgery every Thursday at St Davids Church in Morriston for booking of baptism. Call into St Davids between 6pm-7pm and we will be able to help you.
At the service, the person to be baptised will be baptised with water in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Parents and God Parents will make promises to support and nurture the individual in faith and prayer.
The Church in Wales does not charge for this service.
Churches are very special spiritual places which can't be found in civil wedding venues
A church is so much more than simply a venue for your wedding. Unique and special things become part of your marriage, on the day itself and beyond:-
• A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage. The ceremony includes God and looks to him for help and guidance. God’s blessing is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
• You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. You can only make vows this big in a church. These vows, made in public, will help you to stay together and grow together. God and your church are there for you to help you keep your vows.
• The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They can blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Because of the relationship with the Vicar, your wedding can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
• Church buildings offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, intimate or grand, our 16,000 churches are some of the nation’s most stunning wedding venues, with two-thirds being listed buildings.
• Church buildings offer centuries of history. Imagine all the couples who have married in your local church, some of whom may well be your family. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself, the bigger plan, by marrying in the same place as your relatives. We know these sorts of connections can make your day even more special.
• You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony. You can even use our online ceremony planner to get you started.
• For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as ‘peaceful’, ‘serene’, or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
• And after your wedding, you’ll realise that a church is more than simply a wedding venue. We’ll always be here for you.
The loss of a loved one can be a difficult time. The church family is here to offer help, comfort and support.
When someone someone passes away, the first step is to make contact with a Funeral Director. They will begin making funeral arrangements with you and your family.
Please remember, you do not need to regular worshipper with us for our Parish Priest to lead the funeral.
The Priest will visit you and your family to listen help you plan the service, to hear stories about the personality and character of your loved one, and to answer any questions you may have.
If you would like our love, support and prayer at this time please get in touch with us.
Worship With Us
10:30 Sunday in the Hall
The Sunday school meet in the church hall during school term times; learning stories from the bible, crafting and enjoying each others company. If you would like to come along, just arrive and you will be greeted with a lovely welcome. Parents can stay with the children or join the church family at the church for Sunday Worship.
10:30 at the Parish Church, Llangyfelach
We use a variety of liturgies for our Sunday Worship. We use a traditional service monthly from the 1984 Book of Common Prayer to sharing in Family Services which are led by the children of our Sunday school.
10:00 Thursday in the Hall
A service of Holy Communion held in the church hall. Each week we share the service with an average of 18-25 people. It is a wonderful time of reflection and togetherness.
Can you support our mission through giving?
Making a Difference to Your Parish Church Community
Llangyfelach Parish Church is a warm, loving generous community. Please give as much as you are able to help us with our mission of transforming lives in the communities we serve. You can easily donate online, via the Please Give Today button or contribute during any of our services. If you would like to know more about our weekly giving options, then please drop us a message.
"You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." (2 Corinthians 9:11)
“The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller” (Proverbs 11:24). Thank you for your faithful support.
More Than a Church
A Welcoming Church at the Heart of Llangyfelach
Llangyfelach Parish Church, a congregation Llangyfelach, offers members - and visitors - a chance to become part of something greater. To grow in their love of God and for one another within our beautiful community.
We are rooted in the stories of the Bible and believe worship is something that can be expressed in everything we do. Our philosophy is founded on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. No matter who you are, there’s a special place for you at our church. Get in touch today or come and visit us in person.
Our Church Hall
Available for private hire
The Church Hall is a lovely bright and airy space which is independently heated from the main church and can hold 60+ delegates. The main function of the hall is to accommodate the many Parish groups and events which take place throughout the year. It is also available for private hire for a small charge per two hour session. Longer sessions are available if required. It is well equipped with toilet facilities for ladies, gents and disabled users. There is a wall fitted baby changing facility to support those using the hall with small babies. There is a lovely, bright, clean kitchen facility for all users of the hall to use.
Current users include: senior citizens, music and choir groups, slimming world, local community council, PCSO’s, amongst others.
If you would like to enquire about the availability of the hall for events, parties or meetings please speak to Mr Gordon Stacey
“This church is the pillar and stable foundation of truth, because in it soundeth the voice of the Son of God”